(CHANTILLY, LEESBURG, DUMFRIES)
J2 Engineers seeks the best civil engineering, ambitious talent. With a culture focused on merit rather than tenure, J2 Engineers seeks to empower its employees through the ability to work on large, high-profile projects with a support group of expertly trained peers. Every employee at J2 Engineers is given the autonomy to realize their potential and is recognized when that potential is met.
The Managing Principals are actively involved and deeply invested in the success of their people and firm. They work side-by-side with the teams to create cost-effective and environmentally sensitive engineering solutions. An employee will expect to find empowerment, mentorship, cooperation, and collaboration at J2 Engineers.
- Perform engineering and/or planning tasks for small, medium, and large land development designs
- Assist engineers with specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Travel to sites for field observations and inspections
- Create blueprints of site layouts that meet technical regulations
- Write reports and research permitting requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Familiarity with land development and site plan preparation (grading, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, public and private roadways, storm drainage and water & sewer design)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D
- EIT required