The candidate will assist engineers and project managers by performing various engineering assignments across a variety of projects including tasks such as roadway geometric (alignment and profile) design, roadway modeling, drainage design, utility design, quantity take offs, construction plan preparation, traffic management plan, pavement markings, and exhibit creation. The applicant will be expected to work closely with project team members and be flexible in meeting changing project needs.
This position will involve working with our local team on projects in Leesburg.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering required
- 2-5 years of experience in Transportation/Highway Design
- EIT or PE certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Ability to maintain effective communication with project team members
- Knowledge of and experience using CADD/Design software (MicroStation Geopak and AutoCAD/Civil 3D) preferred
- Understand of requirements to develop VDOT and locality construction documents
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication, and organizational skills